UHPC performance allows to design large format thin slabs, reducing the installation time and the number of joints in the area covered. In 2017, RDC designed with UHPC the slabs of the largest terrace of the recycling plant Ribera del Xuquer (Guadassuar, Valencia). In this case, texture and color were selected to achieve metallic aspect for the application. The same type of solution with different colours has been used for decks in footbridges and slabs for outdoor areas of hotels and buildings.
Why to use UHPC?
This material allows to design a slab with a very high ratio between bending strength and weight per square meter. Besides, it allows a wide variety of colors and textures that can be adapted to the client needs.
- High impact and abrasion strength.
- Excellent resistance to sunlight.
- Excellent resistance to freeze-thaw cycles.
- Possibility to tailor for the client the size of the panels, the color and the texture.
- More than 5.000 m2 of UHPC floors have been designed by RDC.